Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nothing better than childhood memories....


One of my favorite things to do as a child was to play outside and make mud pies...mud cakes ....mini mud tarts and you name it....I would create some amazing treats all in-edible embellished with funny berries I used to find in the forest behind my parents home....I would pretend to go grocery shopping with my bike and my shopping basket and pick out all kinds of things and pretend to buy them....then I would head to my imaginary kitchen and with some water and dirt and a spoon I was well on my way to becoming one of the best Mud Pastry Chefs in the world....I used to dry them till they were ok to slice up for all of my Barbie dolls that came to the party....it was so much fun....and a memory that warms my heart every time I think of it!!!!

Well I bring this up because I told our son about this memory as a child one day and last night as we had snuggle time before bed, he turned to me and said...."Mommy, lets get some pie plates and small tart plates and make some of those mud pies like when you were a little girl" and I immediately was flown back in time and remembered this all over again and my heart grew an inch with my super big smile.....I said "ofcourse we will"....and I can't wait to share this with him......

Happy Tuesday Everyone!! and Happy Creating.....


4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh the joy of mud pies!!! Picture please of you and Cole making yours.
I love the colors in this...the bright green and that blue blue sky.
**happy smiles** Deb

Unknown said...

Thank you Deborah!!!! what a wonderful memory!!!!

Tammie Lee said...

oh my goodness, this memory and post is so wonderful! I love your art of your childhood, so sweet.

Kokopelli said...

Grass seed soup was my fav food to cook when I was a child. Great memories!

 
Blogging tips