Monday, January 7, 2008

Yummy Sketch of the Day - Watermelon and my potatoe flowers

Oh how I love watermelon...and we happen to have a mini one that tastes so delish....so to start off this spring like week...I decided to feature a nice juicy slice of the fruit....

It reminds me of summer and gathering together...


I think I may have been watching too much of Food Network as I started to make potatoe flowers for Brad...he loves these when I present them...


Enjoy!




Cheers,




Diana




8 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

ooooo! potatoe flowers! i am going to have to try to make them. my husband said yum! when he saw your picture!
very creative! :)
melissa

Anonymous said...

are you for real potatoe flowers
too funny

nice to see you use your creativity on your food too

Unknown said...

Thanks Melissa....they are super easy as long as you slice them very thin...then just some sea salt and pepper to taste....

Thanks Mark...is there something wrong with potatoe flowers...lol

Thanks for the comments!!!

Cheers,
Diana

Anonymous said...

love the watermelon but I am intrigued by your potatoe flower

get zapped said...

Wow! I can't get over the potato flower! Now I'm hungry!

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Diana!
We were so inspired by your potato flower that we made one today! It was delicious and we dove right in before i realized i should have taken a picture to show you. It was wonderful!
:) happy, happy, melissa and fred

Kathleen Rietz said...

Ha ha ha!! I watch WAY too much Food Network, too! Isn't it fun being creative with food, too??!

marianne said...

I clicked on watermelon..............and discovered this wonderful potatoe mandala! What a great idea. is it a known dish in Canada? Or something you made up yourself, is it just potatioes in the oven? I will try to look it up and make it one day.
Thanks for the idea!
Love >M<


While scrolling down I saw your secret, thanks I will try it

 
Blogging tips