Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday - Outside my comfort zone...

I have thought about this week's theme and thought and thought about doing something outside my comfort zone...and this is what came to mind...
There was this tree in the far distance that I could see from all of our back windows and from our backyard....it was a very old and wonderful tree....it gave me inspiration and comfort just looking at it change throughout the seasons...Over the last few years it was not doing so well and the owner had to have it cut down on January 21st 2008....The day this happened I just watched in awe as the tree fell to the ground bringing with it many of my thoughts. The tree was so large and was more than 100 years old...imagine all that has happened in it's lifetime...Later that day my husband brought me a part of that tree...(he knew how much it meant to me) I am going out of my comfort zone and will be carving something special out of that tree....I am wondering what it will be ....it has to be something magical, something as special as that tree was to me...
Wish me luck...
Cheers,
Diana






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from another Ontario Canadian!

This sounds like a fitting tribute to a majestic old tree. No doubt it will be a comfort for you to go through the process of carving it and for you to keep in as a memento.

H. Buchholz said...

It's strange, we lost a tree in our backyard in the fall from a wind storm and I am still not over it! We kept several momento pieces as well (not gonna carve 'em though!)
It will be interesting to see what you do!

Anonymous said...

I know how old trees become friends - you see them always in the same place, you reflect on their beauty through the seasons. Like you, I often wonder about the things they've "seen" - and I think of all the little creatures that have lived among their roots ands branches. I'm sure you'll carve something very special from that piece of wood, and that will give the old tree a new life.

 
Blogging tips